On this episode of the podcast I chat with Dr. Stu about twin birth, breech vaginal birth, and what the difference is in the care you receive at a hospital versus a midwifery setting. He provides insight from over 40 years in the birth world. This discussion is such an important one, so grab your favorite drink and enjoy listening.
Stuart J. Fischbein MD has been a practicing obstetrician for over 40 years. He is co-author of the book “Fearless Pregnancy, Wisdom & Reassurance from a Doctor, A Midwife and A Mom” and peer-reviewed papers on home birth and breech birth. Dr. Stu, as he is known by, spent 24 years assisting women with hospital birthing and, for the last 13 years, has been a homebirth obstetrician who works directly with midwives. He travels around the world as a lecturer and advocate for reteaching breech & twin birth skills, respect for the normalcy of birth and honoring informed consent.
Follow him on Instagram @birthinginstincts and at The Birthing Instincts Podcast with midwife Blyss Young as he offers hope, reassurance and safe, honest evidence-supported choices for those women who understand pregnancy is a normal bodily function not to be feared. His website is www.birthinginstincts.com.
Resources he mentioned
- Reteach Breech: http://www.birthinginstincts.com/reteach-breech
- Breech Without Borders: https://www.breechwithoutborders.org/
- Book: The Vaccine Friendly Plan: https://amzn.to/449UteI
- Book: Turtles All the Way Down: https://amzn.to/3NIlv7J
Connect with Dr. Stu
- Follow @birthinginstincts on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/birthinginstincts/
- Listen to the Birthing Instincts Podcast: https://pod.link/1552816683
- visit the Birthing Instincts site: https://www.birthinginstincts.com/
- Sign up for a consult or an annual membership here
Please remember that that what you hear on this podcast is not medical advice, but remember to always be an active participant in your care, and talk to your healthcare team before making important decisions. If you found this podcast helpful, please consider writing a positive review in your favorite podcast app or on YouTube! Thanks so much for listening. I’ll catch you next time!