Improving Maternal Mental Health with Morgan Turner
On today's podcast, I chat with Morgan Turner about how her experience in doula work has transitioned her into the counseling space. She's currently in graduate school and plans to be a perinatal mental health counselor. We chat about maternal mental health, common signs to look out for if you or someone you know is going through some mental health struggles and what to do as a friend or family, and what to do if you are looking for support.
You're listening to the Resource Doula Podcast, a place where we provide information to help you make informed healthcare decisions for yourself and your family.
- The Safe Sleep Seven
- Taylor Kulik
- Postpartum Support International
- Book: The Body Keeps the Score
- Book: The Fourth Trimester
- Book: Mothering the New Mother (Morgan called this “Nourishing the New Mother” in the podcast, but she meant this book.)
- Book: The First 40 Days
- IG Account: The Postpartum Therapist
- IG Account: PsychedMommy
- Site: Kelly Mom for breastfeeding & medications
- App: Lactmed Database
- App: Medications and Mother’s Milk
- Find an IBCLC (Lactation Consultant Directory)
- Alaska Birth Collective
- “Coupons” for postpartum help
– Meals– Laundry– Cleaning– Taking care of baby so mom can shower or nap– Frida Mom Products
- Postpartum Ab Wrap (Use the code TRAINERNATALIE for a discount)
- Squatty Potty
Morgan’s #1 Tip:
Find your community and figure out what that looks like for you before you NEED it.
Connect with Morgan:
Push Corner with Carolyn & Lauren: Check out The Mental Push Plan at www.mentalpushplan.comand use the code NATALIEH10 for 10% off!
Please remember that that what you hear on this podcast is not medical advice. but remember to always do your own research and talk to a trusted provider before making important decisions about your healthcare. If you found this podcast helpful, please consider leaving a 5-star review in your favorite podcast app, it helps other people find the show. Thanks so much for listening!
Come say hey on social media:
Sign up email newsletter:
Snag your free download here: The Mindful Mama’s Guide to Moving better: 5 exercises you can seamlessly integrate into your busy day: https://trainat.li/field-guide